My mom received these delicious cookies in a beautiful gold box with a sprig of rosemary from her friends Robert and David. They were kind enough to share the recipe and their source. I have now made them countless times as a special treat for friends and family.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, rosemary and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into two 8-1/4-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic. Refrigerate overnight. Cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container
I found this pretty rectangle shaped serving platter that was perfect for serving them 🙂
Recipe from Taste of Home